Gwen concentrates her practice in employment and real estate litigation and related advice and counseling. Gwen’s legal excellence and commitment to her clients have been routinely recognized by her peers. Her selection to the 2023 edition of The Best Lawyers in America® for her work as a Labor and Employment litigator attests to her distinguished, nationwide reputation in the legal profession. In addition, Gwen is frequently asked to present to lawyers and author chapters on a range of litigation subjects, including effective litigation strategies and legal analysis of employment issues.
Clients rely on Gwen for her straightforward assessments and counsel. Regardless of the subject matter, she maintains a commitment to efficiently and effectively addressing legal issues, while making certain the client feels comfortable, reassured, and confident every step of the way. Clients value their close working relationship with Gwen and appreciate her pragmatic approach to solving problems. Gwen’s extensive litigation experience means that both clients and opposing counsel know that she can, and will, litigate a case to final resolution should it be necessary.
Gwen has significant litigation experience in Massachusetts Superior Courts, the Massachusetts Land Court, and the United States District Court for Massachusetts, and before various administrative bodies. Whether she is representing a client in front of a municipal board, administrative body, judge, or jury, Gwen is a poised and persuasive oral advocate who compellingly walks her audience through the evidence and the law.
Before joining Nolan & King, Gwen was a partner at a prestigious Boston firm where she represented individuals, businesses, educational institutions, and municipalities. Gwen offers her clients the benefit of her many years of larger firm experience in complex litigation without the associated overhead. She takes great pride in her family’s tradition of service to the community and personal commitment to their clients. That commitment means that if Nolan & King cannot handle a specific matter, Gwen can draw on her expansive network within the legal profession to ensure her client has the right lawyer to handle the matter.
Gwen lives in Weston with her husband and children.
- Cornell Law School, J.D.
- Fairfield University, B.A.
- U.S. District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the First Circuit
- Women’s Bar Association
Board of Directors
- Boston Bar Association
Steering Committee for Labor and Employment Section
Steering Committee for the College & University Section, Former Member
- Real Estate Bar Association
- Selected to The Best Lawyers in America® 2023 in Litigation – Labor and Employment
- Selected to Massachusetts Super Lawyers in Business Litigation, 2019 – 2022
- Selected to Massachusetts Super Lawyers Rising Stars, 2014 – 2018
- Selected to Women’s Leadership Initiative, Women’s Bar Association, 2015
Presenter for Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc. seminars, including:
- Drafting Legal Holds in Litigation, June 2, 2022
- Pretrial Litigation Primer, November 16, 2021
- 22nd Annual Employment Law Conference, December 6, 2019
- Pretrial Litigation Primer, October 31, 2018
- Substance Use & Abuse in the Workplace, October 18, 2018
- “1st Look” at the New Massachusetts Pregnant Workers Fairness Act, September 12, 2017
Contributor to publications of Massachusetts Continuing Legal Education, Inc.:
- Employment Discrimination in Massachusetts, 3rd Edition, 2022
- Massachusetts Employment Law, 5th Edition, 1st Supplement, 2022
- Drafting Employment Documents in Massachusetts, 4th Edition, 2021
- Ethical Lawyering in Massachusetts, 5th Edition, 2021
- Employment Discrimination in Massachusetts, 2nd Edition, 2020
- Massachusetts Employment Law, 5th Edition, 2020
- Massachusetts Wage and Hours Handbook, 5th Edition, 2018
- Ethical Lawyering in Massachusetts, 4th Edition, 1st Supplement, 2018
- Massachusetts Wage and Hours Handbook, 4th Edition, 2016
- Ethical Lawyering in Massachusetts, 4th Edition, 2015